Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program
Medicaid has changed the name of the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program to Promoting Interoperability (PI).
2018 Attestation Deadlines:
Alabama Medicaid is now accepting Fiscal Year 2018 attestations and the deadline to submit your data is March 31, 2019.
The link to Alabama’s State Level Registry (SLR) is https://alslr.thinkhts.com/. For more information, please refer to AL Medicaid’s Promoting Interoperability (PI) website: http://medicaid.alabama.gov/content/2.0_Newsroom/2.7_Special_Initiatives/2.7.2_Meaningful_Use.aspx.
Mississippi Medicaid is now accepting Program Year 2018 attestations and the deadline to submit your data is April 30, 2019.
The Mississippi State Level Registry is available at https://ms.arraincentive.com/. Click here to view the MS Medicaid 2018 Program Year Attestation Checklist and State Level Registry Companion Guide.
For more information on the Medicaid Promoting Interoperability (PI) Program, click the following links to view the 2018 Medicaid Program Requirements:
2019 Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Requirements:
- Must use a 2015 EHR Certified product
- Returning Medicaid EP participants must report on a one year eCQM reporting period, and first-time meaningful users must report on a 90-day eCQM reporting period.
- Required to report on any six eCQMs related to their scope of practice.
- Required to report on at least one outcome measure. If no outcome measures are relevant to that EP, they must report on at least one high-priority measure. If there are no outcome or high priority measures relevant to an EP’s scope of practice, they must report on any six relevant measures.
- 2019 available eCQMs list is aligned with the list 2019 MIPS eCQMs available. You can view the complete list of eCQMs at https://ecqi.healthit.gov/eligible-professional-eligible-clinician-ecqms.
- Stage 3 Objectives and Measures for 2019 can be found at: 2019 Medicaid Eligible Professional specification sheets.
- For all 2019 Medicaid requirements visit: https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/2019ProgramRequirementsMedicaid.html
Keeping You Informed
Please contact us if you have any questions, we are always happy to help!