Updates & Resources Regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Updated April 1, 2020
Thank you to all the healthcare providers and staff on the front lines of this crisis! MediSYS is here to support you every step of the way!
- Sometime ago, MediSYS implemented technologies necessary for our staff to continue to provide remote support and assistance to our clients.
- MediSYS remains fully operational and will continue to provide the excellent service and support that our clients have come to expect.
- To allow providers more flexibility, MediSYS provides tools for Telehealth and patient payments via text.
- 8 Steps to Start Performing Telemedicine Visits to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Telehealth Tools Provided by MediSYS
- COVID19 Changes
- Patient Communication Tool with MediSYS Using Select Recall
- BCBS Patient Resources https://www.bcbsal.org/web/coronavirus
MIPS / AL Medicaid PI
- CMS extended the 2019 MIPS data submission deadline by 30 days. The new deadline is April 30th, 2020.
- Additionally, eligible clinicians who have not submitted any MIPS data by April 30, 2020 will qualify for the automatic extreme and uncontrollable circumstances policy and will receive a neutral payment adjustment for the 2021 MIPS payment year.
- Alabama Medicaid’s Promoting Interoperability (PI) has extended their 2019 applications deadline until to 11:59 p.m. April 15, 2020.
Cash Flow Assistance for Practices
- Medicare Advanced Payments: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/Accelerated-and-Advanced-Payments-Fact-Sheet.pdf
- Paycheck Protection Program: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/paycheck-protection-program#section-header-0
- BCBS of Alabama: Blue Cross is closely monitoring the outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and will publish information and updates.
- Medicare: CMS also expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility.
- Alabama Medicaid: Subscribe to Medicaid’s texting service to receive immediate text messages regarding to the COVID-19.
- UHC Telehealth: https://www.uhcprovider.com/en/resource-library/news/Novel-Coronavirus-COVID-19/covid19-telehealth-services.html#2-mar20
- UHC Telehealth: https://www.uhcprovider.com/en/resource-library/news/provider-telehealth-faqs.html
- CMS Newsroom: https://cms.gov/newsroom
- MGMA: https://www.mgma.com/landing-pages/covid-19-resource-center
- CDC Website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
- Alabama Department of Public Health: http://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/infectiousdiseases/2019-coronavirus.html