MIPS 2018 Attestation Deadline is fast approaching!
The attestation deadline is April 2, 2019. CMS Web Interface users need to report their Quality performance category data by March 22, 2019. Clinicians who reported Quality measures via Medicare Part B claims throughout the 2018 performance year, CMS will receive your quality data from claims processed by your Medicare Administrative Contractor, and claims for services furnished during 2018 must be processed within 60 days after the end of the 2018 performance period.
Reminder: Eligible Clinicians who don’t submit data for 2018 MIPS will be subject to the maximum negative payment adjustment (-5%) in 2020.
Step 1 is to login and submit data on the QPP website using the new HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) system. Previously, credentials were obtained through the Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) system.
- For all clinicians who previously had an EIDM account, you were automatically transitioned to HARP, and will use your existing EIDM user ID and password to sign in to the QPP website.
- For all clinicians who DO NOT have an EIDM account, you’ll need to enroll with HARP. For a step-by-step guide to signing up for a HARP account, refer to the QPP Access User Guide.
Step 2 is verifying you are submitting all of the data required. To fully participate in MIPS, you need to submit:
- Quality (50%) data for a 12-month period
- Improvement Activities (15%) data for a minimum continuous 90-day period
- Promoting Interoperability (25%) data for a minimum continuous 90-day period
- Cost (10%) – no action required
For more information visit the QPP Resource Library.